One super hot sunny day. Sweat dripping. Frozen bananas in the fridge. Left-over milk.
It’s time to make banana smoothie.
My little boy and his dad were playing basketball outside which means I have this teeny-weeny little chance to sneak in the kitchen to make something that will beat the heat. Something fast. Something easy. Done in a matter of minutes before my little boy returns and cling to me like a panda.
Good thing there were frozen bananas sitting in the fridge and some milk. Yes, this smoothie is made of two ingredients only!
Many of you might already know this but some may still not. Those who don’t, this recipe is made especially for you.
You just have to blend the ingredients in a food processor. No fuss. Instant cooler.
Craving for ice cream? Add a splash of milk and viola: instant banana ice cream (see Notes in the recipe box below).
It’s not only easy but also healthy. It’s one of my favorite post-workout drinks!
- 250 grams chopped frozen overripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons full-cream milk
- Make Ahead. Peel and chop overripe bananas. Put in a ziplock bag and place inside the freezer.
- Put frozen bananas in a food processor, pulse until large pieces are broken and mashed. Smooth it out by adding milk 1 tablespoon at a time. Add more milk if desired. Pour into glasses and serve. Enjoy!
- • Use 1 tablespoon of milk and you'll have instant banana ice cream. Yum!
- • 250 grams of chopped bananas equates to 2 1/2 to 3 large bananas. Sweetness depends on how ripe the bananas are.
- • Adjust the amount of milk if necessary.
- • Whole milk and almond milk (healthier option) will do.
- • Frozen bananas can be used up to 3 weeks upon freezing.