S’M-OREO! Have fun making these easy no-bake dessert pops with your kids (or kids at heart) 🙂
Hi! I am very happy and excited to show you my “overhauled” blog. So pinkish everywhere ?
After many weeks of contemplating, I’ve finally decided to move my old blog to a self-hosted blog. Yippee! Last week I registered my domain name, got a web host and bought a premade theme. It’s been a busy week for me. I’ve spent more time customizing my blog than experimenting in the kitchen. Well, my CSS skills are like… 2%. Ha! 😀
And since I feel like I will spend a few more days to polish my site and learn the ropes of self-hosting, I’m limited to easy and simple recipes so I made these dessert pops, or s’mores, or SMOREO. I really need to feed my brain with sweets.
Making these Smoreo Pops is as easy as abc. It’s basically making s’mores but instead of graham crackers, we’ll be using Oreos. I have left-over Oreos from the cheesecake I made last time and as much as I wanted to dunk them in milk and pop them straight into my mouth, I’d like to take a break from coding and have fun for a bit. #PlayWithOreo
The moment you wish you have colored sprinkles…
The lollipop sticks are not necessary, you may leave them out. I used the sticks so that the kids in the neighborhood can eat these while playing.
My minion and his Smoreo. No messy hands.
- 12 pieces Oreo cookies
- 6 pieces jumbo marshmallows
- 1 Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar, cut into 12 squares
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips/buttons or candy melts
- 12 pieces lollipop sticks
- See 3rd photo above for visuals.
- Split Oreo cookies into two. Cut the chocolate bar into 12 squares and arrange them with the cookies on a plate. Set aside. (Image 1)
- I strongly recommend to cut the marshmallows into two. The s'mores will become thick and heavy and might fall off from the stick if you put 1 whole jumbo marshmallow. (Image 2)
- Microwave marshmallows for 5 seconds or just until they start to puff. Keep an eye so you won't overcook or burn the mallows.
- You need to work faster on this step while the marshmallows are warm. Poke one marshmallow with lollipop stick. Sandwich between cookies — first the cookie with chocolate bar then the cookie with cream filling. Press until the mallows becomes flat. Do this for the rest of mallows and cookies. Arrange on a plate or tray. (Image 3 to 5)
- In a small bowl, melt dark chocolate chips/buttons in the microwave for 1.5 minutes stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until the chocolate becomes smooth. Transfer to a low glass with small opening. (Image 6)
- Dip Oreo pops in melted chocolate with the help of a fork. When Oreo is fully coated with chocolate, lift it using the fork. Do not lift using the stick, your pops will fall off and separate. (Image 6)
- Arrange on a plate or tray lined with foil. Garnish with sprinkles. (Image 7)
- Let the chocolate set at room temperature for at least 4 hours or overnight (recommended). Serve.
- • Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Pops will stay good for 4 to 5 days.