Easy no-bake dessert for peanut butter lovers. Great post-workout treat or for sudden sweet cravings!
Hi there! It’s been a month! I’ve been missing in action and I missed my blog! I took a break from baking for the meantime. I noticed that my weight has become a constant value for 3 consecutive weeks and it’s NO fun. So instead of working in the kitchen, I worked on my fats, erm I mean muscles and improved my cardio strength. Well, I always make sure to exercise when I have spare time at midnight which is rare by the way because my midnights are mostly baking and blogging. And there are lazy nights when I just want to lay down and watch anime or read my current favorite manga. Yeah, I know, I’m a self-confessed otaku. Anime and manga are the greatest inventions on earth, well… next to desserts of course. How can I resist the temptation? Tell me pleeeeease!
Before my weight becomes absolute, I pushed myself last month to get back on track. I HIIT myself hard and the workouts are killing me… makes me chant “wake me up when September ends”.
It’s really hard to lose weight when baking <insert sweets here> is your ultimate hobby. Right?
Now I lost 4 kg (1 kg per week). Yay!!! And I arranged my midnight schedule so now it’s like this: workout-baking-blogging / workout-baking-blogging / workout-baking-blogging. *Cross fingers*
I made these little treats just to reward myself for working hard for the last 4 weeks. And these are made with one of my favorites… PEANUT BUTTER!
These treats are made with 4 ingredients only: graham crumbs, peanut butter, honey, and nuts. Just mix everything, roll into balls and chill. No need to bake!
Let’s take a closer look. Pure nutty goodness!
WARNING: these are very peanut buttery. To those who don’t like peanut butter – beware. To peanut butter lovers – rejoice!
- 1/2 cup (130g) creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup crushed grahams
- 2 tablespoons crushed grahams (for dusting)
- 1/2 cup (65g) peanuts, almonds or cashews ( I used roasted cashews), chopped
- Put 2 tablespoons of crushed grahams into a plate. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir peanut butter and honey until well combined. Add crushed grahams and chopped nuts, mix until grahams are moistened with the wet ingredients.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture and squeeze them (like making a fist) to compress everything then roll into a ball. Then roll it in crushed grahams (you reserved from step 1). Do this step with the rest of the mixture.
- Arrange into a large plate or cookie sheet (do not put the balls on top of each other) then chill for at least 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- We ate some right away after chilling and after taking photos so I am truly not sure how many balls was made out of this recipe (sorry!) It's probably around 16 or 18 or 20 pieces.