Omegerd, I’m such a fan of Nutella-peanut butter combo. I just love putting those two together. I find them adorable.
Please excuse my weirdness.
Like these cookies here… another product of my Nutella-peanut butter obsession.
As of this writing, I am still confused whether to call them cookierons or cookiewich or whookies. But then I called them cookierons anyway. Any suggestion?
This is adapted from my soft baked peanut butter cookies. Though any peanut butter cookie recipe will do. Use your thing! But i’m happy to share with you my best ever peanut butter cookie recipe ?
- 6 tablespoons or 3/4 stick (85g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup (125g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg (about 67g w/ shell)
- 3/4 cup (195g) creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (135g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Prepare baking trays (one extra for chilling).
- Combine flour and baking soda into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Stir brown sugar and melted butter with spatula for 2 to 3 minutes. Stop when the mixture looks thick and creamy and there are no more streaks of butter.
- Add the egg, mix. Add peanut butter and vanilla, mix until everything is well combined.
- Gradually add flour and stir until you can still see few streaks, then fold in chocolate chips until remaining flour has dissolved. Do not overmix.
- Scoop out the dough using a 1-ounce ice scream scoop or 1/8 measuring cup onto a tray. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll into balls and arrange on another tray approximately 1.5 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes, 8 rolled dough per batch. The center may look soft but that's okay. We want to slightly underbake them to be soft and chewy.
- Let the cookies cool down on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. The cookies will continue to cook from the tray's heat.
- Spread Nutella between two cooled peanut butter cookies.
- These cookies don't spread much. If you want a thinner cookie, flatten them slightly with a spatula before baking.
- Store in room temperature in an airtight container. Cookies stay fresh up to 1 week.
I want to devour them all. But I’m watching my weight. Oh well.
More of peanut butter and Nutella:
This post does not contain affiliate links. I only use and support products I trust. All opinion stated are mine.