I don’t know why but I’ve been unlucky with green tea infused food lately. Remember the flying saucer cupcake frosting last time? This time it’s milk tea. The green milk tea we had last Saturday tasted like flower-flavored crab juice. I’m sorry, I really don’t know how to properly describe it. Ariel didn’t even bother to drink again after one sip. But I love milk tea very much so I gobbled it up ’til the last drop. No, I just don’t have a choice.
Up to this day, the taste still lingers in my mouth. I made myself a cooler hoping it would help me erase this flowery crab flavor in my mind.
Ahh… this cooler reminds me of my favorite drink from my favorite milk tea shop. It’s sad that the shop closed down. This is inspired by their rock salt and cheese cocoa drink (I’m a super fan!) but I made this one with Milo instead of cocoa powder. Or choose your favorite chocolate powder mix! And then, I added full cream milk instead of water. Yes, pure milk! I suggest full cream milk (Magnolia) because it makes this beverage very creamy. I always use this on my smoothies, milkshakes and homemade ice creams. I tried other types of milk and other brands as well but full cream milk works the best. Oh, my little boy loves this Milo-full cream milk combo. He named it “chocolate drink”. He can even tell if I use different milk. Clever kid.
The “Sea Salt and Cheese” that floats above is made of cream cheese, sugar and full cream milk. Whisk them all together then spoon it on top of the milk chocolate. Finish by sprinkling a pinch of salt. I used Himalayan pink salt first then sea salt on the second one. Use whichever you like but do not put iodized salt because it may become very salty.
This is really good, it’s like eating a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting… in liquid form. What? Seriously, it’s really good. My son drinks only 1 glass of milk chocolate but he asked for another serving because of the cheese float.
Hope you like this quick-fix cooler too!
- 1 sachet (22g) Milo Activ-Go Tonic Food Drink
- 8 ounces chilled Magnolia full cream milk
- or your favorite milk chocolate drink
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons Magnolia full cream milk
- pinch of sea salt for sprinkling
- cocoa powder for sprinkling (optional)
- bottle or shaker
- 10-ounce tall glass
- small bowl
- handheld mixer
- Pour milk and contents of Milo sachet into a bottle or shaker. Shake until the chocolate powder is dissolved. Pour into a tall glass. Chill in the fridge while you prepare the cheese float.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl until smooth and no lumps. Beat in 4 teaspoons of milk. Add more milk if you want to lessen the "cheesy" aftertaste. Always check the consistency when adding milk, we don't want the cheese float to be watery.
- Spoon the cheese mixture on top of your milk chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt and cocoa powder.