Last year, on my birthday, I started a fitness challenge called Road To 47 Kg where I have to loose weight from 74 Kg down to 47 Kg due on my next birthday. I lost 15 Kg but I didn’t make it on the target date. Yeah, that’s a very slow progress. Well, I missed a lot of my workout schedules and I ate a lot of, ehem, cheesecakes.
Lately, I started to pick up again on my goal. I was able to do my 4x a week (make it 5x) workout schedule and have been consistent with it. The result was amazing! So maybe, just maybe, I can reward myself with something to motivate me further. YES.
I thought of having pizza as my prize today. And because I’m still sore from lifting (the triceps ugh), I want my pizza loaded with cheese!!! What’s pizza with less cheese, right?! And lots of crunchy bacon too! Ah… two boxes please!!!
No no no, the purpose is to motivate myself. Not to gain weight again.
So why not make my pizza? Great idea. I can make it “lighter” so I can have lots of cheese with “less guilt”.
Okay, to make this pizza guiltless, I subbed the pizza dough with soft tacos (tortillas) and used Sexy Chix Shredded Chicken Arrabiata instead of bacon.
I never thought Sexy Chix Arrabiata tastes this good! We always buy the plain or “In Guiltless Broth” variant so I was really surprised. Also, the Arrabiata sauce is tomato-based so there’s no need to use separate tomato or pizza sauce in this recipe. Nice right? It is also packed with protein, 98% fat free and has only 50 calories per 2-ounce serving. Perfect!
I added few slices of Purefoods Sweet Ham but you may omit it if you really want to go lite.
And here comes the cheese… this pizza recipe has lots of veggies so you can be generous with cheese! I used Magnolia Cheddar cheese. What I really like about it, aside from being too cheeeeesy and yummy, is it glides easily on my grater and does not crumble in my hands. Say goodbye to band-aids on my fingers! The cheese sauce for drizzling was made from my son’s favorite Magnolia Full Cream Milk and Magnolia Cheezee Squeeze. Yummmm!
Springform pan or pie dish? Both are fine ?
Since it is my reward, I made it a bit fancier – I stacked or layered the soft tacos. I put them in a springform pan so that the sauce does not seep to the sides.
No springform pan? No worries. You may use a pie dish but if its size is bigger than the tortillas, you need to cover it like this to avoid the sauce from seeping too much. Lightly grease the foil so that the soft taco will not stick to it.
Everyone in the house knows I can finish a box of pizza in one sitting. But since this S-taco Pizza Chix is “stacked”, it gives me the same satisfaction even with just a slice.
O-mi-gosh. Hey Sexy Chix Arrabiata, why didn’t I discover you earlier?
I love this pizza recipe. I need not worry about calorie intake, besides it’s easy to make — stack and bake. It’s great! Masarap, Masustansya at Kayang-kaya. You will love it too!
- 10 pieces (6-inch) small tortillas (5 tortillas per stacked pizza)
- 2 cans Purefoods Sexy Chix Shredded Chicken Arrabiata (1 can per stacked pizza)
- 1 box (185g) Magnolia Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms
- 2 small or 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small white onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup whole corn kernels, divided
- 4 slices Purefoods Sweet Ham, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon Magnolia Cheezee Squeeze
- 1/2 tablespoon Magnolia Full Cream Milk
- 2 6-inch springform pans OR
- 2 8-inch or 9-inch pie dishes
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line the bottom of two 6" springform pan with foil. You may also use non-stick pie dishes. Lightly grease the bottom if using non-stick.
- 1st Layer. Layer one tortilla in the prepared pan, sprinkle with some cheese then layer another tortilla. This will be the base. The cheese will glue the two tortillas when melted.
- 2nd Layer. Spread 1/3 of Sexy Chix Arrabiata on top of 1st layer, top with cheese, put ham slices (omit if you want to go lite), few strips of bell peppers and 1/2 of pineapple tidbits. Sprinkle top with some cheese. Cover with another tortilla.
- 3rd Layer. Spread another 1/3 of Sexy Chix Arrabiata on top of 2nd layer, top with cheese, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle top with some cheese. Cover with another tortilla.
- 4th Layer. Spread the remaining Sexy Chix Arrabiata on top of 3rd layer, top with cheese, mushrooms and whole corn kernels. Sprinkle top with some cheese. Cover with another tortilla.
- Repeat the steps for the second set of stacked pizza. Cover the springform pans or pie dishes with foil (see photo instruction above if using pie dish). If using pie dish, lightly grease the foil so that the soft taco will not stick to it.
- If using springform pan: Bake for 15 minutes, remove the foil then broil or bake for another 5 minutes. If using pie dish: Bake for 20 minutes without removing the foil cover.
- Place the pans on a wired rack and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the cheese sauce by mixing Magnolia Cheezee Squeeze and Magnolia Full Cream Milk in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave on low for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Unclamp the outer part of the springform pan. Drizzle cheese sauce on top of the stacked pizzas. Sprinkle some grated cheese if desired. Serve while warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave on low for 15 to 20 seconds.
- This recipe makes two 6" or one 9" stacked pizza.
Try this melty, gooey, cheesy one-pot tomato-based mac and cheese made also with Purefoods Sexy Chix Shredded Chicken Arrabiata:
This recipe is my entry to Home Foodie Bloggers Love Chicken Contest and not a sponsored post. I only use and support products I trust. All opinion stated are mine.