Up your mac and cheese game with this easy One-Pot Mac and Chix with Purefoods Sexy Chix Shredded Chicken Arrabiata.
I’m falling in love for the second time…
Not with another man. But with another Arrabiata dish.
I think I scared off my hubby for a moment there.
Remember the S-taco Pizza Chix yesterday? All gone in a flash. That pizza was darn good! It was all because of the Sexy Chix Arrabiata that made it so tasty. The moment I took a bite into that stacked pizza, I knew I need to make another recipe A.S.A.P.
And this time it’s pastaaaaa!
Besides, there were some leftover ingredients from the S-taco Pizza Chix. ?
My son is stubbornly choosy on what food goes into his mouth. He can only take a full meal with fried chicken on the plate, and will normally finish off the crispy skin part first. But now, he is slowly starting to eat vegetables. He now likes to eat carrots so I put grated carrots in this dish. He eats corn but only if it is in binatog form so I added corn as well. This is a great opportunity to feed him more veggies! By the way, the carrots, corn, brown sugar and Purefoods Sweet Ham balances out the tangy sauce. Kids will surely like it!
He does not like spaghetti noodles that much so I used macaroni. I added lots of Magnolia Quickmelt! cheese because it is a good source of calcium and he also loves cheese very much. Like mother like son. ??
? the hearty macaroni ?
For moms with hyper and super playful kids (present!), you should move and work like a ninja. That is why I made this dish in a one-pot style so there is no need to boil the macaroni in a separate pot. Less clean-up, more playtime with the kiddies!
The Sexy Chix Shredded Chicken Arrabiata will make this dish even more delicious and easier to prepare. Just stir in once the macaroni is al dente and voilà! — for a richer, flavorful pasta. It complements pasta dishes very well because of its tangy, Italian flavor tomato-based sauce. It is also a good source of protein, 98% fat free and has only 50 calories per 2-ounce serving. So this pasta dish is Masarap, Masustansya at Kayang-kaya.
Sexy Chix Arrabiata pumps up the flavor of this pasta dish
Enjoy this melty, gooey, cheesy macaroni while still warm, though it’s equally enjoyable to have at room temperature. Don’t forget to refrigerate leftovers but I doubt if there will be any. When I checked the pot, it was as clean as new. Nothing left for my midnight snacking!
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking oil (canola or olive)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large or 2 small red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated (use grater with large holes)
- 4 slices Purefoods Sweet Ham, diced
- 1 250g pack tomato sauce
- 2 cups + 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 200g tiny elbow macaroni
- ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup whole corn kernels
- 2 cans Sexy Chix Arrabiata
- 1/2 cup Magnolia Quickmelt! cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (or more) parsley, finely chopped
- salt to taste (optional)
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot on low to medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic, bell peppers and carrots, stirring in every addition. Add diced ham and cook for a minute. Stir in tomato sauce, 2 cups of water, brown sugar and macaroni. Stir frequently so that the macaroni does not stick to the bottom of the pot. Let the macaroni cook until al dente (took me approximately 4 to 5 minutes). Do not overcook! The macaroni will continue to cook even after you turn off the heat.
- Once the amount of sauce is reduced or the macaroni is al dente, add the remaining 1/2 cup of water. Season with ground black pepper then add corn kernels and Sexy Chix Arrabiata. Simmer for one minute while stirring continuously. Add parsley.
- Turn OFF the heat then stir in cheese. Season with salt if needed (I did not add any).
- Cover the pot and let it sit for a few minutes until macaroni is plump. (You can actually skip this step). Serve while warm.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in refrigerator. Reheat in microwave on low for 10 to 15 seconds.
Purefoods and Magnolia products are perfect for this recipe. We’ve been using their products ever since and never had a problem. We are keen to the quality of the food we buy and SMPFC is a brand with reputation. We are confident they will give nothing but only the best for their customers.
Try this stacked soft taco pizza made also with Purefoods Sexy Chix Shredded Chicken Arrabiata:
New found love…
This recipe is my entry to Home Foodie Bloggers Love Chicken Contest and not a sponsored post. I only use and support products I trust. All opinion stated are mine.