There are days when you’re itching to make a dessert but you’re just too lazy to measure ingredients, too lazy to hold a mixer and too lazy to turn on the oven. Especially on a gloomy weather, you just want to sit and enjoy a plate of sweets like without a care in the world.
I found some Oreo packages in Yael’s snack box and I suddenly remembered the recipe I planned to make last year. If you could recall my failed Oreo Truffles, I rewrote the recipe after that disastrous day. I thought maybe it could be transformed into cupcake-like bites.
We only need two ingredients to make this no-bake mini cupcakes: Oreo and cream cheese. But first, we need to crush the Oreo cookies into finest crumbs as possible. It will be easier to pack them to the cupcake tins and the cupcakes will become more fudgy. Oh, don’t throw away the Oreo fillings! We need those for the cream cheese frosting.
Yael and I had fun making these no-bake mini cupcakes. He loved piping the frosting too! He won’t let me hold the piping bag. We sat outside and enjoyed eating the cupcakes as we sang “Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun please shine down on me”… hoping Mr. Sun would eat with us.
- 2 packages (137g-pack) Oreo Cookies or 28 pcs Oreo Cookies
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened (for frosting)
- Line mini cupcake pan with 16 mini cupcake liners.
- Remove Oreo filling and place in a small microwavable bowl. We'll use this for the frosting later.
- Crush Oreo cookies into FINE crumbs - use food processor, mortar & pestle or place in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin or canned food.
- Using a spatula or spoon, mix Oreo cookie crumbs and 3 ounces of cream cheese. Stir until the mixture comes together.
- Divide mixture into 16 cupcake liners (3 tightly packed teaspoons each cup). Press down the mixture (like forming a thick crust) with your fingers or with the back of the teaspoon until it resembles a mini cupcake. Chill in the fridge while preparing the frosting.
- To soften the Oreo filling, microwave it on low (stirring with a spoon every 10 to 15 seconds) until it has a spreadable consistency. No need to melt it. Add 1 ounce of cream cheese, whisk until smooth. Pipe onto mini cupcakes.
One 137g-pack contains 14 pieces of Oreo Cookies.