Mega Prime is currently holding a summer campaign #PrimeSummer and I am so glad and honored that my blog was one of the chosen to be part of it! Woo hoo! 🙌
Last week, Mega Prime sent me a cute summer themed thermostat bag (which I shared on my Instagram stories) with their canned corn products Cream Style Corn and Whole Kernel Corn. They asked me to try their products using the recipe cards included in the bag. There was also a popsicle mold and a tumbler… I guess you now have an inkling of what recipes I’m gonna share today 😏
Mom vs. Sepanx
We enrolled Yael to a summer preschooler course few weeks ago to prepare him for the upcoming regular schooling. It was a first for both of us; and was hard for both of us 😅 Every day is a struggle persuading him to go to school. I had to devise strategies every time to lure him out of the house and bring him to school. In spite of this, his teachers told us that he is well-behaved inside the classroom and actively participates. He acts like there’s no problem. He even tells me on the way home that school is fun. It’s just that whenever he goes to bed at night, he pleads that he doesn’t want to go to school anymore.
I promised Yael that if he finish this schooling I will take him out to play and eat ice cream. The recipes and products Mega Prime sent me was very timely! Since the recipes are easy I asked Yael to help me out.
We tried their smoothie recipe first . It only requires few ingredients, Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn and Cream Style Corn and a blender/food processor. Just throw everything, blend and viola! You got yourself a perfect corn smoothie!
I didn’t let Yael’s join me on the popsicle recipe because it requires cooking on the stovetop. But it’s still easy to make. It’s soooo good that I ate most of it even if it’s still hot. It tasted like my favorite Maja Blanca! I saved some for the popsicle mold even if I don’t want to. I have to keep my promise to Yael.
What I like most about Mega Prime’s canned corn products, aside from being very tasty and super corn-y is: they come in easy-open cans. Saved me the horror of using my Mom’s rusty can opener. Though we don’t really use it anymore. Sentimental people can’t just throw away things that easy 😆
Yael and I had fun making these #PrimeSummer treats and my family loved it! I turned half of the smoothie into ice candies so we can share it with other kids. You can also pour the popsicle mixture into cups and chill it in the fridge until set. You’ll have a creamy corn jelly!
After three whole weeks of struggling and the sepanx thing, we were surprised that Yael even got awards from school: Excellence in Math & Reading and Most Participative.
This kid. Really.
Yael and I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we did. If you make these recipes or create your own using Mega Prime corn products, tag Mega Prime on Facebook and Instagram and use #PrimeSummer, #PrimeMom and #MegaPrime. We love to see your creations!
Have a cool #PrimeSummer!
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) water
- 1 pack unsweetened & clear gulaman/agar or gelatin (I used 24g-pack gulaman)
- ½ cup (153g) condensed milk
- ½ cup (4 ounces) coconut cream, fresh or canned
- 1 can (425g) Mega Prime Cream Style Corn
- 1 can Mega Prime Cream Style Corn
- 1 can Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn, drained*
- ½ cup (4 ounces) fresh milk (I used full cream milk)
- ¼ cup (62g) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (26g) granulated or brown sugar (I used brown)
- 2 tablespoons (44g) honey
- 3 cups crushed ice OR 3 to 4 cups ice cubes
- In a medium pot or heavy saucepan, add water and sprinkle gelatin/gumaman (agar). Mix well until dissolved.
- Heat dissolved gelatin/gulaman mixture and pour the rest of ingredients. Mix well and let it simmer on low to medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove pot from the stove and let it slightly cool while stirring occasionally to avoid the top from skimming or setting.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and chill overnight.
- Makes 7 ice pops.
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glass or tumbler and sprinkle whole kernel corn on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 to 5 8-ounce glasses.
Set aside few tablespoons of whole kernel corn for garnish (optional).